- Virtua Research Inc. considers the privacy of our clients, our priority. We promote ethical business
practices and deeply respect the confidentiality of clients and individuals we work with.
secured information obtained and retained by Virtua. This policy states how we access and update
Virtua from its customers in electronic, paper or verbal format.
- The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Virtua’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.
- Virtua complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework as set
forth by the U.S Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal
information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. Virtua has
certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there
Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view
our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/
- We collect and store only the data required to provide the highest quality of products and services
to our clients. We do not disclose any identifying personal information of the individuals we work
with to any third party except as specifically requested by clients providing the data or in
response to lawful requests made by public authorities including the requirements needed to meet
national security or law enforcement. Even when providing data back to a client organization, a
majority of information is provided in aggregate or as analysis with additional measures in place to
protect the anonymity of the client. Please contact us at
email@example.com if you
or requests regarding your privacy. You can also reach us on (617)426.0900 (USA).
- Data Integrity and Security are our priority and Virtua takes all appropriate precautions to ensure
accuracy and to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Virtua has self-certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward
transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement. Virtua collects information of the
client’s employees on behalf of our clients. We are upfront about the purpose and use of information
we collect when we collect it and will not materially change the purpose or use of this information.
- Virtua commits to cooperate with EU Data Protection Authorities (DPA’s) and the Swiss Federal Data
Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and comply with advice given by such authorities
with regard to human resource data transferred from EU and Switzerland in the context of the
- These recourse mechanisms are available at no cost to you or data subject. Damages may be awarded
in accordance with applicable law. Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these
channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a
Privacy Shield Panel. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU or Swiss
individuals received pursuant to the Privacy Shield, Virtua is potentially liable.
- Enforcement & Dispute Resolution
- In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Virtua commits to resolve complaints about
collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or
complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Virtua at:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You
can also contact us via phone at
- Virtua has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to ICRD-AAA, an
alternative dispute resolution provider located in United States. If you do not receive timely
acknowledgement of your complaint from us or if we have not addressed your complaint to your
satisfaction, please visit https://www.icdr.org/privacyshield
for more information or to file a
complaint. The services of ICRD-AAA are provided free of cost.
- Individuals have the right to access personal information about them and are able to correct, amend
or delete that information in cases of inaccuracy or violation of the principles of the framework.
This is held true with the exception of where the burden or expense of providing access would be
disproportionate to the risks involved in the individual’s privacy or where the rights of persons
other than the individual would be violated. We provide best-in-class customer service and we expect
that any client concerns about privacy can be addressed promptly and to our clients’ satisfaction.
- Detailed Privacy Statement:
- 1. Information Collection and Use
- We may collect and process the following kinds of personal
information received from you:
- Contact Information such as Name, official Email address and IP address.
- We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- We use the personal information you have provided when we contact you in relation to
enquiries or comments received from you (the client) along with other official and
professional correspondences in order to service the customer relationship.
- If necessary, we can use your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws
and for our legitimate purpose of protection of our legal rights. E.g. information in
connection with legal claims, compliance and data/ information used for regulatory and
- If the processing of any personal information is based on consent,
you can withdraw your
for the processing of that data at any time. Consent can be withdrawn by emailing us on
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.You
can also contact us via
- 2. Information Sharing
- Customer information of any nature will not be shared with any third
- Virtua may be held liable and responsible for unlawful transfer of
personal data to third
under the Privacy Shield Principles if involved directly.
- 3. User Access and Choice
- Virtua is subject to investigatory and enforcement powers of the
Federal Trade Commission
- Virtua upon request will provide you with information about whether
we hold any of your
- You are entitled to ask us for a copy of your personal information
to correct, erase or restrict the processing of data in question or to ask us to transfer
(parts of) this data to other organizations.
- You also have the right to object to certain processing activities
such as the profiling that we may perform for the purpose of direct marketing as described
- In relevance with instances where we have asked for your consent to
process your data, you
right to withdraw this consent by sending an email or contacting us via phone.
- These rights can be limited in cases where we can demonstrate that
we have a legal requirement or legitimate ground to process your data. Under such
circumstances we are able to retain your
data even if you withdraw your consent.
- 4. Retention
- We may retain your information as long as your account is active or
as required by Virtua
provide you with services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our
- E.g. If you are a customer of our Company, the Company will keep
your personal information
duration of the contractual relationship that you or your company has with us and after the
that relationship, for as long as necessary to perform the purposes set out in the agreement
comply with legal obligations.
- The personal data that we collect as a result of you subscribing to
our newsletter or press
releases, will be stored until you decide to withdraw your subscription.
- 5. Email Communications
- Receiving emails from our Company and or website is part of our
service. You may receive an
from us if you submit a form on the “Contact” page or if you send us an email on our email
mentioned on our website or if you have submitted your business card to Virtua during any
conferences. You may receive unsolicited email as part of our marketing services.
- If you would like to discontinue receiving this information or any
email communication you
contact us via email or phone for termination of communication.
- 6. Security
- Virtua Research Inc. takes appropriate physical, technical and
organizational measures to
your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration
- We follow highly effective and industry-accepted standards to
protect the personal
submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
- No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic
storage, is 100%
However, we follow all the necessary encryption standards to protect and secure your data.
- 7. Changes to this policy
are authorized to update
- If we make any material changes, we will notify you by means of a
notice on our website
the change becoming effective.
- We encourage you to periodically review this page for following the
latest changes made in
- 8. Contact Us
- Virtua Research Inc.,
160 State Street, 8th Floor
Boston, MA 02109